CURRENT (Since 2010)
Branding, Marketing, Social Media and Content Development for Jewelry Designers & Retailers Including:
• Eli Halili: Marketing/Brand/Social strategy & development: art direction, content, management and oversight of developers for ecommerce business; email layout & content; social media strategy & implementation (posting/growing account and awareness)
• The Paris Bracelet by Les Interchangeables: Marketing/Social/Brand strategy & development: art direction, content, management and oversight of developers for ecommerce business; strategic planning; email layout & content
• Sequin Jewelry: Marketing/Social/Brand strategy & development: art direction, all content, management and oversight of developers for ecommerce business; strategic planning; email content, strategy & deployment; online advertising strategy, implementation & oversight; social media captions, posting, community relations; influencer outreach, strategy & relations; affiliate marketing implementation & oversight
• Ryan Jonathan: Social media strategy & implementation; overall brand consulting
• Babette Shennan: Brand strategy & development; art direction, content and development of new website & online look book; social media strategy & implementation
• Denise Cox Designs: Brand strategy & development; art direction, content and setup + development of new website
• Donna Vock Designs: Brand & marketing strategy to enhance awareness with current clientele and drive engagement with new audiences for the DV Collection and custom design services; art direction, content and development of new website.
• Hatch Jewelry: Brand strategy & development, designer selection, marketing & social media strategy and implementation, video art direction, content (designer interviews & blog posts) for a startup contemporary jewelry e-tailer
• Jade Trau: Worked directly with the designer/owners on developing strategy for and implementing all brand, content and marketing initiatives to promote the brand's launch at the industry’s main event, JCK Las Vegas: website development, social media platform implementation; email blasts, at-show visuals & collateral, trade & consumer editor / blogger outreach, art direction on graphics
• Andrew Meyer: Full oversight of the launch of a new e-commerce website featuring configurable products utilizing consumer and wholesale entry points; art direction; development & implementation of social media schedule and content; setup company as an Amazon seller; responded to media and retailer requests; email marketing; developed projects as needed
• Continental Wholesale Diamonds: Upon opening of store in November 2012, developed and oversaw all marketing and social media strategy & initiatives including: brand development; setup of social media platforms, strategy & implementation; art direction and project management of all creative & collateral; all content (copy) development – online & print; oversight of online advertising campaigns & profiles; organic SEO implementation; artwork, template and copy development for email blasts & events
• EFFY Jewelers: Edited existing and developed new collection and look descriptions and names; developed detailed product descriptions for best-sellers
• Scheherazade Jewelers: Edited existing content and wrote original content for the full website, recently relaunched; consulted on content strategy and presentation
• Mavilo Wholesalers: Conducted extensive interviews with owner, edited existing content and wrote original content for the full website; consulted on content strategy and presentation
THE JEWELRY BOOK/THE WEDDING RING BOOK, Editor: 2014 - Present
Quarterly editorials for this Fine Jewelry B-to-B publication, with a focus on trend reports and designer/manufacturer profiles.
FASHION'S COLLECTIVE, Jewelry & Accessories Strategist: 2012 – 2014
A new-age marketing resource, Fashion’s Collective is focused solely on educating fashion and luxury brands on digital marketing. The core offering includes articles written by industry experts on the digital publication, specialized workshops taught by FC Labs, and the invitation-only FashionForward conference event on innovation within the industry. Launched officially in July 2010 as an independent publication, Fashion’s Collective covers all aspects of digital marketing, from the perspective of those with extensive experience working at the forefront of digital with the world’s largest luxury brands.
PRESTIGE PROMENADE, Director, Marketing & Sales: November 2010 – August 2012
Prestige Promenade is a collective of 60 of the world's leading jewelry designers and manufacturers, exhibiting together in an exclusive Pavilion destination at the annual JCK Show.
• Oversaw rebranding effort, new website development, PR & social media planning, email newsletter development and new marketing collateral
• Developed relationships with over 60 prestige jewelry designers and familiarity with each of their lines in order to develop appropriate content and strategy for marketing and social media efforts
• Researched and negotiated contracts for new technology provider, graphic designer and PR firm
• Developed a new USP, creative brief and guidelines for functionality and site architecture
• Created and implemented annual marketing & sales strategy and media plan for PPOM
• Represented Prestige Promenade at all industry shows, oversight/planning for the booth presence
• Developed content for all online and offline collateral, including email blasts, Facebook (tripled audience via grassroots efforts & paid advertising) and Pinterest posts
• Planned, oversaw and implemented show-specific and ongoing marketing, sales, PR & social media efforts; collaborated with technology partner on evolving the PPOM program, ongoing member relations & new retailer partner development
THE O GROUP – New York, NY: 1998-2010
The O Group is a branding and design agency for luxury brands.
Vice-President, Business Development: January 2009 – February 2010
• Focused on turning leads into clients that enhanced and diversified company portfolio
• Developed prospects, including research and identification of potential leads and strategic partners, development of pitch and presentation materials, presentation of overall strategy and client services approach in pitches, strategic proposal development
• Transitioned new clients, including assignment of project management team, development of creative briefs outlining strategic and tactical objectives, kickoff to creative team, ongoing client oversight Worked closely with CEO and Senior Vice President to develop quarterly updates to business plan, and implemented internal marketing goals and initiatives
• Oversaw and collaborated with Creative Director on strategy for client initiatives, including research and discovery, positioning development, online strategy, creative platform and content development. In-depth work for Acqualina Resort & Spa (platform & tagline development); Valera Global (new platform development & online strategy), Diageo Innovations (product concept development); led brainstorming and strategic planning meetings
• Collaborated with PR agency to develop strategies to promote and create awareness of company and executive team, industry research, content development and copyediting of company communications, with a focus on case study and website content
Vice-President, Client Services: January 2006 – December 2008
• Established and maintained client relationships, ensuring that account staff exceeded client expectations.
• Managed team of account executives, including big picture oversight of accounts, mentoring and performance reviews. Accounts included: Godiva, Salvatore Ferragamo, Lacoste, Hennessy
• Created scope of work documents to meet yearly marketing goals, oversaw all aspects of projects and created cross-platform, B-to-C and B-to-B campaigns and promotions, ensuring completion on-time, on-budget and on-strategy.
• Client highlights: oversaw rebranding efforts for Audio Video Systems, Valera Global, Ruby et Violette and NuKitchen; launched new organization ASCENT – Leading Multicultural Women to the Top; launched new website for Gallery Coats; created event to launch Piaget’s Magic Hour collection.
• Developed client services process and philosophy documentation to guide and inform account team
• Developed and presented new marketing strategies and initiatives to increase market share, online presence and customer engagement, as well as proposals, creative briefs and other client communications
• Presented client services capabilities and case studies in pitches
• Tracked project costs and resources, reported findings to CEO
Senior Account Executive: January 2002 – December 2006
• Supervised day-to-day operations including daily client interface, project management, pipeline/workflow management and mentoring of junior account executives
• Developed collaborative relationships with clients, managing projects from idea through to execution and creating new opportunities for print and online marketing initiatives. Clients included: Fashion Snoops, Imperia Vodka, Kellwood (various brands and corporate), The Licensing Show, Truly Madly Deeply
• Planned, staffed and coordinated client photo shoots, including on-set supervision
Account Executive: October 1998 – December 2001
Coordinated day-to-day operations, including daily client interface on tactical initiatives, trafficked & proofread projects, researched & negotiated stock photography purchases, managed vendor relationships, provided support to senior account executives and CEO, set up internal documentation process. Clients included: Advanstar (various shows), ADP (B2B communications), Lexolution, Salvatore Ferragamo, New York International Ballet Competition, Toy Fair